For those of you that don't know the Murder Channel it runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With very few exceptions; each and every hour someone dies. These are not Hollywood deaths. They are re-enactments of actual murder cases.
I can't lie; I've learned a lot from watching this channel:
- It's almost always the husband/boyfriend/wife/girlfriend
- If your wife/girlfriend gets a personal trainer, there's a good chance he's eventually going to kill you.
- When a woman cries during the police interrogation, there's a good chance she's the one who did it.
- If your teenage daughter is in a relationship with someone you don't like, don't try to end it. If you do, you will probably die.
- People are never murdered for a good reason.
This observation is the basis for what I am about to say.
Once you are convicted of murdering someone; that should be the LAST day you walk in out society as a free man/woman. You are obviously broken and there is no reason for you to walk around with the rest of us.
I don't care what you reason for murdering someone is. If you managed to do so, that's good enough for me. You need to go away ... forever.
Whether or not you are pro death penalty; I hope you would agree with me that when someone murders another person, society needs to be protected from that murderer. I believe if you did it once it's that much easier to do it again. Now I'm not talking about KILLING someone. It has to proven that you MURDERED someone.
Once you're convicted, you are immediately sent to prison for life. There's no parole or time off for good behavior. You will live the remainder of your life behind bars ... period.
Once you get to prison there are no creature comforts. You get a cell with the basics required to live, nothing more. In other words; heat, water, a bed, toilet, blankets, food, and the ability to clean yourself.
Did you notice I left out medical care? I don't think someone in prison for LIFE should get any. Why prolong their existence? They're not getting out. If you treat them, you're just prolonging the inevitable. To what end? All they are doing in there is taking up space. Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe they should suffer. If someone does get sick they should be entitled to something for pain, but nothing more. If their body can't heal itself, sorry to hear that, but you should have thought of that before you took someone else's life. There's no reason for society to extend your life. We need to make room for the next idiot.
What we really need to do is build special prisons for people convicted of murder, so they're all together. Ever seen that movie "The Purge"? Me neither; but I did see the commercials. The movie was about a society when one day a year all crime was ignored. You could do ANYTHING without repercussion.
We could do the same thing in these prisons that hold nothing but murderers. Open up the cell doors and let natural selection take it's course. Whoever is left can stay until the next time they open the cell doors.Think of the money we could save by not having to house these broken people.
I'll take it a step further. These are my recommendations for sentencing people convicted of murder.
- Kill 1 person - The rest of your natural life in prison
- Kill 2 people - You live in prison for 15 years or to age 65 whichever comes first. Once you hit the end of your term you are sent into a gas chamber (think Auschwitz) with anyone else scheduled to go that day.
- Kill 3 people - You live in prison for 5 years then see above
- Kill 4 people - You're taken directly to the gas chamber.
- Rape anyone - The rest of your natural life in prison
- Rape more than one person - The same as killing 2 people
- Rape a child - The same as killing 3 people
- Rape your own child - You're taken directly to the gas chamber.
I also believe that these prisons should contain a do-it-yourself suicide cell for anyone that wants to do the "right thing".
You think I'm harsh? Or unfeeling? I'm giving these criminals the same amount of regard they gave their victims.
How does that saying go? Karma's a bitch ...